Saturday, June 30, 2007

Mageweave bandage, stat!

I was out for the booze with my mate Paul last night. Paul is head nurse at a cardiac ward, and takes my regular 'I know!, that's exactly what it's like at writers' meetings!' interjections with good heart.

ME: I've been waiting for these phone calls, so I've spent the last three days playing Warcraft, doing loops round Darkshire looking for silver ore.

PAUL: You twat.

ME: (humbly) Yes.

PAUL: You want to go to the Badlands, near the ogre mounds.


Three pints later:

ME: ... so Tmara, the dwarf paladin, does all the mining in the harder levels, and sends back the ore to Zing, my drenai paladin, so she can use it for jewelcrafting. I'm like a one-woman guild.

PAUL: What?

ME: I said I'm like a one-man guild.

PAUL: Oh.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

warcraft, meh.

Doctor Who now....

the Face of Bo reveal made the hairs on my arms stand up!

avoiding spoilers so James won't beat me up...

Oli said...

Nah, Warcraft woo-hoo! Homages to Return of the Jedi and Flash Gordon in the Who finale? Meh.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, but still - Face of Boe!

Anonymous said...

Have to say The Face of Boe was the biggest shock!!!